January 11, 2011

one more year until the end of the world?

Hello blogging world! Long time, no see.

So many new things going on that I seem to be at a loss of where to start and what to share! It's 2011 & I find the word "resolutions" repulsive; but I've got some...

1. Keep a "Sabbath".
Those of you that know me are thinking "yeah right". But I'm serious. Come Sunday(s), you won't see me doing homework, working, or writing papers. I am going to spend time with my Creator and only engage in things that bring me joy and feed my soul. I love to paint. I bet you didn't know that. That's because I never have/make time to do it! I love watching the news and reading the newspaper, but I couldn't quote a headline from the past three months. I haven't touched Black Barbara (yes I named my guitar) in months. And I just may end up a little more sane if I take the time to read for pleasure (even during the semester)... whoa! I know, right? Anyway, I'll keep you posted on the adventures I have because of it. It'll be challenging, without a doubt, too. God has a sense of humor - or perhaps I have taken poor planning to the extreme; because I have 5 classes each Monday that will ask for assignments, test my knowledge, and require my preparedness. I'll have to be more disciplined that ever BUT it's worth it, to me. This is something God has been beckoning me into and it's time I take the invitation. He created us with a 6 and 1 rhythm in mind, and just maybe I'll come out looking a little more like Christ if I live like it?

2. I want to be able to run at least 8 miles without stopping.
I'm the most inconsistent exerciser ever. And publicly claiming this as a goal may require me to simply push my body to the death-point in December by unpreparedly running much further than physically capable. But maybe, hopefully, that won't be the case. Just maybe, hopefully, I'll prove myself wrong and be one step closer to fulfilling my 1/2 marathon life-goal!

3. I really want to lose 3 pounds.
Mean Girls, anyone?

4. I want to go to Africa.
Oh wait... I WILL BE!!

I've got a few more that I might reveal later, but this seems to be a good and hefty start =). For now, I'm off in a new semester at Moody and it's already a crazy ride but I have big and good expectations.

No comments:

Post a Comment