January 9, 2010

Orientation Weekend at Moody

You know that you’re a new student when…
-You park your car in a ramp that locks at 5pm, and you don’t have a key; with your socks, chap-stick, and coffee maker stranded inside!
-You assume “SDR” stands for Student Diet Regulations, (when it really abbreviates Student Dining Room). You also think "CPO" might be a Star Wars reference, when in fact it relates to the Post Office.
-Your schedule for the morning reads “Breakfast, Orientation 1, Orientation 2, Orientation 3, & Lunch”.
-You get stuck in the basement tunnels because the building you wanted to exit through won't be open for another hour.

-You re-organize your closet three times, and then realize you’ve got a five-drawer empty dresser you should be using as well.



I am also so thankful that former students are welcoming…
-“Welcome to Moody Bridal Institute”
-“You’re from the North aren’t you?” … “I could tell by your accent.”
-“I see you’re eating a pita, are you a ‘Veg’? All vegetarians love the pitas.”
-“Oh WI, are you a Brett Favre fan?”


Honestly though, I feel so blessed. This town and school have been so refreshing to me and I’ve never felt more led. I’m expectant and excited for what’s to come. I’ve been meeting so many amazing people; fueling a sort of crave inside me to just want to know people here – to really know them. I’m thankful for the chance to experience freedom and independence. I can’t wait to see what sort of opportunities are to come, and experiences I’ll have.

I’ll meet my roommate tonight and I couldn’t be more excited. I’m filled with a childlike anticipation of what this week will bring. It’s embarrassing how badly I want to soak in all that the professors here have to offer. Coming from a public school I know that I’ll appreciate what they offer on a whole new level. I’m hungry to be trained.

I finally found where I belong. (THANK GOD!!!!)

2 comments:

  1. is your bed a twin or is that bigger? oh and by the way i love all the decorations you have on your desk - so you =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not actually sure. It might be twin or twin XL? And thanks about my desk... I'm pretty pleased as well :)!

    ReplyDelete