February 7, 2010

Ashley & MBI's Month-A-Versary

Today marks one month at Moody for me!
Though it feels like I've been here much longer, it must mean today calls for celebration? I have much to celebrate in the blessing that it has been to be here.

One thing to celebrate...
The AMAZING store, Stanley's, my friend Katie & I recently explored.



Ahhhhh!
If I was forced to marry a store (I realize this is unrealistic, but go with me here), I would choose this one. (Though the strange pipe-smoking-man-on-a-flying-watermelon is undeniably strange). Walking in, it was love at first sight. The entire store is lined with fresh fruits and vegetables of all colors, sizes, and kinds. It also has fresh-baked bread, fair-trade coffee, organic eggs, and other amazing things we took time to drool over. As if things couldn't get any better, the price is right too! Mangoes are about 90cents, strawberries or raspberries 98cents, oranges 7/dollar, a bag of carrots for 49cents... And I thought food was romanticized before I visited Stanley's!! It's definitely one of Chicago's treasures. Grandma Kriss, if you're reading this, I will take you there as many times as you want when you visit me :).

Go, Fight, Win, Indianapolis!
I plan to spend some time celebrating today by watching the Superbowl! Go Colts! Why the Colts? Because out of the two teams in the running this year, that's the only team of which I can name at least two players: Peyton Manning & Reggie Wayne.

No comments:

Post a Comment