February 19, 2010

Being a Tourist of My New "Home"!

Jared flew down and spent the weekend here!
I was blessed to have had an awesome three days. Being in a longer-distance relationship can definitely be bitter sweet. This past weekend was refreshing, laughter-filled, and even a little tiring! We were quite the Chicago tourists. We went to an Improv show put on by Moody, gave the Rock N' Roll McDonalds some serious business, walked around downtown, ate at Yolk, visited Lincoln Park Zoo and Conservatory, went ice-skating at Millenium Park, visited the Chicago Art Institute, went to Willow Creek Church, walked to the "Beach", Jared played in an inter-mural (sp?) basketball game, participated in a formal dinner with the girls on my floor and the boys on our "brother" floor, and more!

I failed as a photographer.
I brought my camera to a lot of places, but didn't exactly do an excellent job of acutally taking any pictures! It's the memories that matter right? Haha, anyway, I thought I'd share some of the (very few) pictures that we did take... ENJOY:













This weekend should be really fun!
Tomorrow morning I'm cooking whole-wheat-banana pancakes for the girls on my floor =)! After some breakfast we'll be setting up for our "Open House Formal Event", (an open house with our "brother" floor). Which basically means that a lot of the guys from the 4th floor of their dorm will be coming here for a few hours and we're supposed to creatively and thematically entertain them. The event is pretty much going to be amazing, (it's a big surprise though, so I can't share what it is on the internet yet)!! I'll post pictures sometime afterward I'm sure. Hooray for weekends, and hooray for dorm-bonding is all I can say for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment